Question:
How Old Are You When You Become A Senior Citizen/Should You Take Advantage Of Any Benefits Even If You Don't Think You're Old?
2017-05-03 00:58:29 UTC
I'm 51 and a half or so and I'm just curious because I was given a Senior drink at Wendy's when someone suggested I ask for one.

I'm not old at least I don't think I am but I keep getting AARP letters in the mail and once I was in Walmart and some young dude asked me where something was and I pretended not to hear since I don't/didn't work there and he called me Methuselah and asked it again a little louder.

Am I a Senior yet?

Thanks and thumbs up to all who answer ... just give me time to get back and read the answers.
Three answers:
2017-05-07 17:25:59 UTC
50 is the age when you could get a no-interest, no-fee to write checks, type of checking account if you have an automated deposit into the account monthly (like a paycheck or SS). I'm not sure at what age you'd get into the movies at a discount, or really get a discount at some restaurants but eventually it will be there fore you. If someone asked you at Walmart where something was it's probably because you were wearing the colors of the Walmart uniform. I have to watch what clothing I wear to what stores I'm going here to as they seem to buy at the same discount t-shirt catalog I do.

Let that young dude be rude, he would have been rude anyway. You could always lift your arms a tad showing him you don't understand English. Or even shrug.
Hugo90
2017-05-03 03:24:21 UTC
I'm 70 and don't consider myself old. AARP starts hounding you at 50 but I have never joined. It's just a big sales pitch, insurance, phones and other crap.
Grundoon
2017-05-03 01:06:01 UTC
I'm about to turn 63 and REAL close to retiring. I don't feel old yet, but grab all the benefits you can. We paid for them by working all our lives